This probe uses a mechanical switch in combination with a servo motor to probe the bed. The servo motor is outside the enclosure and retracts the probe pin by pulling on a kevlar string inside a spring guide tube. The probe deploys when the servo motor is not pulling at the string. The probe is made of Polycarbonate and is capable of handeling up to 120C. The sensor is completely unafected by magnetic fields and the design can handle the maximum of the plastic being used. The probe has a string tensioning mechanism that makes it easy to adjust the tension in the string.
What you get:
- Bed level probe
- 600 mm of spring guide tube.
- MG996R servo motor with mount
Configuration for Duet:
M307 H4 A-1 C-1 D-1
M558 P4 C3 I0
M143 H0 S150
M143 H1 S350
G31 X2 Y42 Z1.40 P25 ; Customize your offsets appropriately
Mounting the sensor.
- Make sure the string is loose
- Mount the sensor such that the tip of the sensor is a few mm below the nozzle
- Mount the servo
- Make sure the servo is working
- Make sure the sensor triggers
- While the servo is set for extending probe tension the string so it is just barely loose.
- Make sure that the pin retracts when the print starts.